The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Jami and Paris

Gosh, I wonder what all the news channels are doing now that Paris Goes to Prison is over? So sad. I have to admit to ignoring a good portion of it, but my basic feeling is that her serving the time she did seems fair and right - about what anyone else would serve and a nice reminder that sometimes rich people can't buy their way out. Sometimes. I mean really - if anyone can afford to take a cab after a night of drinking, it's Paris. But mostly, I don't have feelings in any direction for Ms. Hilton. I don't understand hating her - what's the point of that? She's not evil, just sort of pointless. And it isn't entirely her fault, I can't imagine her parents set the bar too high for her, in the acheiving for herself department. Of course, I haven't met her in person, so maybe we'd be buds. But I sort of doubt it. Mostly, I think we'd not have much in common. I think it would go something like: Paris: So, uh, hi. Jami: Hi. (long awkward pause) Read any good books lately? Paris: No. I meant to, but I've been like sooo busy you know? I should get some of those books on CD. Jami: But weren't you just in prison? Paris: Totally. It was awful. I hope you'll buy my book . . . I'm going to read it on CD. Jami: Ooooo-kay. Paris: Umm, don't you hate it when your personal shopper buys the wrong brand of gourmet muffins so you have to eat the other ones while you get your daily massage? Jami: I, uh, yeah, that sounds awful. Paris: So, do you like, uh, stuff? Jami: Sure. Paris: Me too. Totally! Jami: Well it's been great talking to you . . . I hope Paris really does pull it together and make something of herself. If she doesn't, well, I won't be suprised. I don't think I could even work up disappointed. I just can't feel much either way. She isn't bad, she isn't great, she just, well is.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home