The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jami Warns the General Public

Dear Everyone, No one is going to send you a check for no reason. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that most of my loyal readers are already aware of this fact, but in case someone doesn't, or you've chanced across my blog and don't know it - let me reiterate: No one is going to give you lots of money for nothing. I bring this up because on the news the other day they mentioned that the #1 scam in the US are the many variations on sending you a bad check and requiring you to send some/all of the money back. I've seen three such cases on Judge Judy, all of the people shocked to discover that they'd been had. You can't win a sweepstakes you didn't enter. No legitimate job offer requires you to send them money and certainly not money they've sent you - that doesn't even make sense. If you've won some money and there are "fees, taxes and shipping" costs - tell them to take them out of your winnings and just mail you the part you've actually won. But if they even ask, listen closely now, it's not real. No one in Nigeria has 37 million US dollars that they want to share with you. If they did have 37 million dollars, they wouldn't still be in Nigeria. No one in the UK needs you to cash American money orders, I don't even know where to start on that one. Don't get me wrong, I enter the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes so often that I fully expect to see that big white prize van pulling up out front sooner or later, but I know that I never entered the Canadian National Lottery for Foolish Foreigners. Thank you for your time. For more information, post your social security number, date of birth and full legal name in the comment section. Regards! Jami

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I totally won that Canadian Lottery. I'm totally expecting my money any day now, eh?

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    YOU MEAN I'M NOT GOING TO GET ANY MONEY??!?!

    Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home