The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, April 16, 2007

I'm Gonna Need a Special Cord for That

Blogging should be super easy for me. I assumed it would be, because I have sort of a narration thing going on in my head most of the time, so it's just a matter of moving that to the computer right? If you've seen Scrubs, then you've seen how my brain works. I'm J.D., minus the insecurity and medical school loans. If you haven't seen Scrubs, just imagine that my life is a book that I'm reading while it happens. As much talky-talky as I've got going on up there, it's harder to dump it all into the lappy than I expected. First off, there's a lack of opportunity; it seems like there's always something that actually needs done, as opposed to things like blogging. Second, I do edit a bit, both for time (you don't want to read my last three hours worth of inter-head-chat) and for content. There's plenty I don't want to share, lots that's just plain boring: "mmm, I really love toast with just a little bit of butter", and some that other people would prefer I not share. You know who you are. It'd be easier if I could just download today's thoughts and then edit as appropriate. Right now, most of what I think about involves Eddie, but I don't want to bore people with an endless Mommy Blog. The problem is that Eddie takes up about 85% of my time, with the other 15% split between sleeping, scarfing down the foods I don't want to eat in front of him and occasionally spending quality time (wink, wink) with the Husband. So you can see how blogging becomes more of a challenge. Well, I have to go, my son is spreading Goldfish crackers around the living room and then stomping on them, while the dog follows a safe distance behind picking up some of the remains.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    WHAT?!?! You mean you don't lounge about on your sofa while Eddie runs around all pell mell?

    :)

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Word, sister. I feel you, on all accounts. Good title btw.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    PW - well, I normally do, but I just hate to see good food going to waste, you know ;-)

    EDW - thanks, I am always happy when I come up with a clever one. It happens less often than I'd like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home