The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm a Mother, I'm a Dreamer, He's a Midnight Screamer

Okay, so technically it wasn't midnight, but 4 am when my adorable son decided to start what we call "dingo screaming". These are screams that are issued for no discernible reason, so we assume there must be dingos trying to steal him, and that they run off when they hear me getting out of bed. Anyway, I rocked him back to sleep, but then had a hard time drifting back off myself. I was probably up about an hour before I finally managed to get back to Slumberland. During this sleep session, I had two dreams about Eddie. First, I dreamt that I lost him. Just simply misplaced the baby. I was, of course, too mortified to admit this to anyone, so I was trying to question people about it without arousing suspicions. "Have you seen Eddie . . . in his new outfit?" I told people that my mom had him, or the Husband did, or that Eddie was just up in his crib napping, or whatever. I did eventually find him, at Eckerds. I guess they just have everything, even your baby. In the second dream, I attempted to teach Eddie to sing. Specifically, we were working on some vocal exercises, but Eddie was just not at all cooperative. I'd say "Now Eddie, try it like this" then I'd sing up and down the scale "La, la, la, LA, la, la, la!" And Eddie would respond with two or three "Aahhhhhh!"s and never on the right notes. Have you figured this one out yet? Yup, in the waking world, poor Eddie, awake and alert, hollered to be set free from his crib, but my sleepy brain decided to pretend we didn't notice. Not too worry, no dingos - just time to get up and get the day started.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    So...he woke you?

    I jest. :)

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    I totally have dreams that Emily is calling for me...because she is! Can't wait until that big girl bed comes home, very soon, and she starts to toddle in to wake me. I'll have dreams then of her little face breathing on me as I try to sleep.

    Also? When she's hot she still wants covers, but complains that she's hot. Like, how can I solve this at 3am?

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    PW - poor kid, he got a heavy-sleeper mommy. I definitely sleep a little lighter since being a mommy, but I do sometimes wonder if he's every cried until he just gave up because I didn't hear it.

    EDW - Hmm, could you soak the blankets with cold water? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home