The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Jami Takes the Lead

The Husband has a fantasy hockey league he's run for several years. This season, apparently by accident, he sent me the email invitation to join. See, I love watching hockey, but my knowledge is, well, limited. I love the Penguins and generally know those guys and of course, I know the "big names" but I couldn't even tell you what position most of them play. For these reasons, I'd planned to leave the fantasy hockey to those who, well, know something about it. Then, the guy who wins every year (yes, every year) suggested I get a team. He mentioned that for the draft, you can just let the system pick for you, and I thought "Well, what the heck." Seems I got first pick, and according to those who know, got a pretty good team. I named my team "The Random Acts of Hockey" My strategy is this - play the people who have games that day, if I have to choose between two, pick the one with the better record, and if I have to get someone new (two of my guys are on injured reserve), I chose a player based on: 1. Position I need 2. Points he's had so far 3. If he's on a team I don't have too many of already 4. If his name amuses me I've been hovering in the second and third area (frequently kicking the Husband's patootie), until this morning when I logged on to discover - I'M IN FIRST!! WHooooo- hoooo!! Yes, yes, I know I should be a gracious winner, but let's face it, the chances of me staying in this position long are fairly slim, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. Go, Random Acts, Go!!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    Go you!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    I think it's hilarious... the people involved in fantasy sports leagues are probably the same ones who beat up or teased the Dungeons & Dragons crowd back in the day... not much difference there if you ask me, fantasy is fantasy.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Woo-hoo, Jami! That's would be exactly how I'd do mine, too.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Interestingly, Jim, the people in this league are pretty much also the ones playing D&D in high school - though generally you are probably right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home