The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Just One of Those Days - or "It's Monday, Of Course"

I don't want to go into details at the moment, but today is not going well. Oh, it started out all normal and innocuous, but things are going down hill rapidly. Do you think that bad things cluster, as it seems, so that when one thing goes wrong, the others follow or is that when we have one bad things happen, we're in a bad mood and then the other things that happen are cast in a less favorable light, or we are unable to see the silver lining? For today, I'm thinking the first but then, I'm in the middle of a bad day. I think the worst part of a bad day is when you want to blow off steam, and the person you try that with is more concerned with convincing you their day is worse. I do want to hear about your day, honest, but before you start competing with me, how about just listening (REALLY listening), commiserating and telling me that it's going to be okay? Then I promise, I'll do the same for you. Are the things bringing me down now going to last forever? Of course not, and I know that. But for now, I need to be upset. Once I've gotten it all out, we'll figure out the next step then.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jami,I'm sorry that you're having a bad day. I'll pray for you. Love,Lori

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    This is why everyone should have a punching bag in their home and/or workplace.

    Or, just repeat the following...

    "~!@#$%^&*()%@(&^$%#@#{|[;'!!!!"

    (It seems to work for cartoon characters, anyway.)

    ;-]

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    I'm a firm believer in the rule of threes. What's the rule of threes? That bad things happen in threes.

    I'm also a firm believer in smushing the head of the other person in.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    I think that sometimes it piles on, and sometimes we don't see it that way. So perception, while not everything, is something.

    Hope it got better. Have some dark chocolate.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks guys. Things started looking better when my mom had Eddie and me over for dinner (no cooking or dishes) and then I went home, put him to bed, ate some of his Halloween candy, vegged out and went to bed. Chocolate and laying around always help :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home