The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Time to Harvest

It's grape-picking time for our family. My aunt and uncle own a vineyard (no, we're not as rich as that makes us sound) and each year most of my family members head on down to Virginia to help bring in the harvest. I avoided it the first few years, on the premise that I don't want to spend my weekend doing farm labor for no pay. I don't even like wine, so the promise of a free bottle is not that enticing. But family is family, and as I later found out, harvesting grapes is fairly easy, as far as your farm-work goes. There is something touching and wonderful about our family bringing in the harvest together. We all love each other, but our family is, well, eclectic in styles, tastes, beliefs, attitudes and pretty much whatever else you've got. But working in the fields, laughing and sharing, then sitting down for a big meal after a hard day's work, that's what family is all about. Anyway, because of the harvest, I probably won't be posting for a few days. I'll bring back some pictures.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    I love this idea. Please post pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home