The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Don't Hug an Asian Today!

Recently I read this letter to Dear Abby in which an Asian woman explains that she and other Asians do not like to be hugged. Therefore, in the interest of cultural diversity and mutual respect, I declare today to be Don't Hug an Asian Day. To celebrate this day, walk up to any Asian (remember, Indians count!) and say "Hello Sir or Ma'am" (say both, they'll be impressed with your formality) "I want you to know that I value and respect your culture. Especially (name something Asian you like here, such as fortune cookies, firecrackers, karoake, sushi, M*A*S*H or Lucy Liu). Because of my appreciation of your culture, I will not be hugging you." Then make a very stiff, formal, deep bow (curtseying is not okay) and walk quickly away. Now go out and have a great politically correct Don't Hug an Asian Day!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    Jami, you can hug me.

    Others can hug me as well...unless I don't know you. Then expect a well placed kick to the crotch followed by a right hook.

    GET AWAY FROM ME!!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    I would hug Lucy Liu, if I got the chance.

    ;-]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home