The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, October 30, 2006

At the Parade

Yesterday Eddie and I had quite a banner day. We celebrated my grandmother's birthday with a surprise birthday party, though Eddie slept through most of it. We went to our community's Halloween parade, took a nap, played the rest of the afternoon, we ordered a pizza and watched the Steelers' heart-breaking loss. The Husband was out of town, so we had some quality Mommy-Eddie time. While we were in the parade, Eddie decided that he did not want ride in the stroller. Or walk. He wanted flop around in the leaves on the side of the side of the road. Since this was not really a good option, I ended up carrying him the entire way - lucky for me, it's not a long parade, and my neighbor who was there with her kids offered to push the stroller. Anyway, because of that, I don't have too many pics. Here's one of us in our costumes before we left. Thanks to EDW for the costume idea for me. I made my flower mask myself, which for me is a stunning amount of artistic work. Of course, the wind whipped it off my head the moment we stepped outside, so I ended up wearing it around my neck. A very nice little "bride" came up to tell me she could tell I was a flower and that she thought my costume was very neat. God bless that little girl!! The parade also included a giant spoon (at first, the people I walked with couldn't tell what he was, one thought he was a giant silver sperm!) There were too lady bugs, another bumble bee, a bottle of ketchup, a host of Disney princess, a Terrible Towel (definitely the most creative costume I saw) and a tiny pair of two month old Tiggers, who slept contentedly in their parents' arms throughout the parade. Tonight we'll be trick-or-treating at WalMart, one more practice for tomorrow night. And more candy for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Oh, I love your costume! It looked great - you made that? Eddie looks adorable. Adorable. Fun!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    Too cute!!! Just...too cute. :)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I made it out of a paper plate, some paperboard, markers, string and staples. It was a HUGE achievement for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home