The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Sudden Cool Breeze

On my way to a meeting at the church, I stopped at the grocery store (we're out of Diet Coke, which is simply unacceptable). Putting Eddie back into the car, I heard a tearing sound. I could feel something cool on my back, and putting my hand there, I had a small tear near the top of my jeans. I tugged my sweatshirt down, it wasn't too bad and I had a big shirt on, and all I was going to do was sit at the meeting. I took Eddie to my parents house to stay with my dad, and when I reached in to get him . . . . Rrrrrrriip!! I could feel the rip shoot down my leg: As you can see, my backside felt considerably cooler. Now, I didn't want to put Eddie BACK in the car, take him home, out of the car, run in the house, change, put him back in the car again and go back to my dad's, but I also didn't want to moon my father. So I carried Eddie in, explained the situation and backed out, then came home, walked up my front steps holding my coat down as far as it would go (as I don't think the neighbors would care to see my panties/butt, either. I just want to say that this was NOT due to the size of my rear, but my obsession with wearing my "favorite" jeans, whichever they are at the moment, as often as possible I occasionally wear the same jeans 4 days in one week. I've started buying multiple pairs of the same jeans in the hopes that they will break in the same way and I'll end up with three or four exactly the same favorite jeans. Sigh. RIP, my beloved favorite jeans. Now I have to break in a new pair. .. .

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    That happened to me once when i went sledding...I never lived that down! :)

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    I was really glad there was no one there, but also kind of sad because it was hilarious. Though really, no one wants to see that ;-) Maybe the Husband . . .

    I left the jeans out for him to see and this morning he said "WHAT were you doing last night??"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home