The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Finally, The Harvest

Weeks ago I promised you pictures from the Harvest, when my family gathers at my aunt and uncle's vineyard to pick grapes. This year was cold and wet and miserable, but we still had a good time and picked lots of grapes.This is Carol and in the background Carl. They're not technically family, but they are for all intents and purposes. I like this picture because I think you can really understand how unpleasant the weather was. Here's a bad one of me, but it's proof that I did my work the old-fashioned way - with an infant strapped to my back. That's my grandmother with us. Here's a better one of me, with Jean. I think she is my second-cousin in-law, but I'm bad with that sort of thing: A few more picking pictures: After the harvest (and showers and all), there's a party in the barn. This is me with my (all of) my cousins at the bonfire. There were some deep fried turkeys, yum. Peter's brave enough to get close to the fry vats. Eddie was less than helpful, but had a good time: This is me with my Aunt Jan - she worked like crazy, and was in charge of the food for the weekend: Here are the some of the grapes. We picked about 3 tons!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    That is super cool. They make wine now? Or they sell the grapes?

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    They make wine, and they do sell the grapes to other wineries. You can eat the grapes (though they have seeds) but this particular type of grape is better for making wine. That's about the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    I think I want some grapes!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Those are good, and the 10 year old who was picking with us ate plenty. I asked him about the seeds and he said "They're actually kind of juicy, too, you can suck on them." I tried it - he was right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home