The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Song, A Party, A Storm

Because I am sure you all are desperate to know, the singing in church went okay. I got to the church so nervous I felt faint. Then my brother and SIL weren't ready to practice, so I got to sit around making myself more nervous. How nervous? I hadn't eaten or had a single thing to drink all morning, and I still had to go to the bathroom three times before we sang! We practiced, I was ready, I had to sit through the whole service thinking about it. Finally, we sing and I totally blow the first chorus. Missed the harmony so bad I had to sing melody and pretend I was supposed to be. Then, I found the secret to singing in front of people. If I can't see you, you aren't looking at me. I squeezed my eyes shut and sang and viola! Rest of the song went just fine. Then, Eddie's first birthday party. It was exciting to say the least. Hot, sticky weather turned into scary thunderstorm, driving about 30 people, including 9 kids under age 6 into my not-that-big house. Then, just for fun, lightning blew up a local transformer, leaving us all in the dark. Oh, and I broke a jar in the kitchen, so we'd have some shards of broken glass around for the kids. But, eventually, the storm broke, we had cake outside, and hey, a great story. The lights came back on at 10:46 that evening, so I didn't even get to sleep in and claim that it was because we didn't have electricity. I'll post some pics once I figure out how to do that . ..

4 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    You wrote:

    Then, I found the secret to singing in front of people. If I can't see you, you aren't looking at me. I squeezed my eyes shut and sang and viola! Rest of the song went just fine.

    This method has been working for Stevie Wonder for years now.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    Oh, that was so wrong.

    So wrong it hurt.

    ;)

    By the way, Jami, Loki and I had a great time at Eddie's birthday party. Loki loved Eddie. Thought, he was the best little guy on earth.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Oh, happy birthday Eddie!!!!! You survived both events, very well it seems!

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jami,thinking about something like that for so long is not good. I learned that myself

    Eddie HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!!!!!!!!!!! Lori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home