The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Jami Packs Like Crazy

Sounds like I'm going away for a long time, right? Nope, just overnight. One night. Just me and the boy. And I've already got 1 overnight bag, two "car bags" (those are the ones you need in the car with you), 1 additional small bag, 1 purse, and 1 dvd carrier/holder. My problem is, I always feel like I need to pack all my "just in case" stuff. I'm a contingency girl and years of taking teenagers on the church camp trip taught me that you can never be too prepared. I'm trying to do better. I'm not taking extra socks, because I'll have my sandals, so I can wear them without socks if I need to, right? I'm not taking a towel, because I'm sure the hotel will indeed provide them, even though I really want to take one. I'm only taking a couple band-aids and the small bottle of aleve. I am packing: Long and short sleeve shirts for both of us (don't know what the temp will be in Detroit where we're going) Jeans and shorts for both of us, plus 1 extra of each for Eddie because he likes to pee 2 full sets of undergarments for myself 5 snack size bags of, well, snacks for each of us for the trip up and 5 for the trip back ( I have a weird concern about starving) 3 twenty ounce bottles of diet pop for me, for each direction both of our daily vitamins for two days 15 diapers. Yes, this equals one for about every 2 hours we'll be gone, but what if . . . . . . Believe me, I can't put any back. I tried. Plus one overnight diaper, you know, for overnight. All my toiletries, of course. Stanley I. Poddy the ipod charger, the phone charger, the dvd charger, plus the car chargers and all related cords 1 Thomas video, 2 sesame street videos, 1 TMBG kids' video 2 movies for me 2 books, even though I know my mom is bringing some 1 book for me extra socks for Eddie - he doesn't have sandals extra shoes for both of us (always pack extra shoes) my sweater and his jacket, for the car His "Eddie" blanket for sleeping pack and play sheet PJs for Eddie Long and short sleeve PJ top for me, long PJ bottoms. Eddie's puzzle and some cars I'm trying not to put in my woobie or pillows, but I probably will at least put the pillows in. I mean, hotel pillows? Come on! I'm not as bad as the guy I worked with who, this is totally true, when staying at a hotel takes a sleeping bag in and takes the comforter off the bed, then sleeps in his sleeping bag (and his own pillow, of course) on the top sheet of the bed. I have the extra juice for Eddie's trip home in the freezer. Tomorrow I'll pour his trip-there juice in the two cups with the frozen thing in the middle so that will stay cold. And it's killing me to not pack: the first aid kit milk for him in a cooler the extra socks. I really want to pack them extra books for me (it's ONE NIGHT and we're doing stuff) my variety of OTC medicines my "emergency bag for ladies" my body pillow short PJ's for him (he hates them, but what if it's warm?) onesies more toys for him my laptop a dressy outfit for each of us his baby soap/shampoo his hooded towel the vaporizer (he's stuffy) So you can see that I have a problem, but I'm working on it.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    You do know they have stores in MI, right? ;-)

    I do the same sort of thing. And then always manage to need something when I get there!

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    They have stores outside of Pittsburgh?? No way!

    I came home with about 3/4 of the snacks we'd taken and an equal amount of clean vs. dirty clothes.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's kind of funny,we had a question to start Bible Study a couple weeks ago about how much we pack when going away. I always pack more than I need to as well. Lori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home