The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jami Borrows a Meme

I love to eat: anything that includes melted cheese. I hate to eat: Peas, alfalfa sprouts, raw tomatoes I love to go: anywhere warm and with the Husband: Vegas, the beach, Caribbean cruise I hate to go: to the dentist. I love it when: Eddie is cuddly, when the Husband and I curl up and watch a movie with some nachos and Schmirnoff Ices. I hate it when: (expletive deleted) like this happens and messes up kids' lives and families, too. I love to see: my family all in one place. I hate to see: anyone suffering. I love to hear: Eddie giggling I hate to hear: idiots talking. Thanks for the meme, PW

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    You're welcome. :)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    So tell us what happened! How did the law change?

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    EDW: I tried to find an easy link that explains it, but basically, there is a thing called the Hague Convention that is supposed to protect children from illegal adoptions, which is a good thing. However, Guatemalan adoptions were done differently, but still with LOTS of protections, some better than the countries who follow Hague, but becaues they were different, they were "non-compliant". Apparently, due to pressure from groups like UNICEF, Guatemala is looking at changing over to the (slower, sometimes less child-friendly) procedures required by Hague. Because of that, most agencies are anticipating NO adoptions in 2008. Last year, there were an estimated 3700 children adopted from Guat into the US, and this year, that's about how many children won't come home to a forever family. You can research it further online, but basically, it sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home