The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Jami Goes On About Snack Foods

Yesterday I mentioned that certain times, I require more salt than other times. This is not to say that I don't love salt all the time. I love salty snacks, which brings me to my next point. Who buys the unsalted pretzels and potato chips I see at the store and for the love of all that is salty, why do they buy them? The point of the chip, the pretzel or the french fry is to get the salt into your mouth. Or the cheese, the dip or the catsup (I personally don't eat catsup, but I understand there are those who do). Pretzels are great, believe me, but part of their greatness is that they bring the salt along. If you aren't going to have salt on your pretzel, you're just eating crunchy bread. And that's just wrong.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    I have bought the low salt ones to bake with. I have a yummy cookie recipe with low salt pretzels and dark chocolate. Sooo good!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    But still - that's the low-salt, it's not the no salt, even for good reason!

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen, sister, pass the salt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home