The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Jami Remembers

This time of year is when I remember you most. When I miss you. When I feel the most guilty, though I know there was nothing I could have done, but I still feel like I should have. I should have protected you better - that's what I'm supposed to do. Sometimes I think maybe you are the lucky one: you won't know heartache or loss. You'll never be lonely or scared or lost. You won't have to say goodbye to anyone you love. But I still cry when I miss you. How can I miss someone I never met? How do we grieve for the one who never took a breath? I didn't get to hold you, but I loved you. I never saw you, but I knew you. And when we meet, I know you'll understand. No one will take your place in my heart. I love you; I remember you.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home