The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jami's Odds and Ends

Does anyone else think the name "Umberto" is just too close to "umbilical"? Every time I hear someone say "Umberto" my head adds "cord" to the end. I don't follow baseball much, but isn't the World Series, at least in theory, supposed to be a contest between the two best teams in North America? Then how could I have turned the game on last night to see Boston ahead by twelve runs in the bottom of the eighth? They are still just one point a piece, right? It's not like they've added touchdowns. This is true: the commentators were so bored they were discussing Van Halen. Again, I'm not that up on the current baseball situation, but as far as I know, Van Halen is not really involved in the game, even the finals. I have never locked the keys in the car, but I did leave them in the car today, in the ignition (!!) and with the passenger side door unlocked (so technically, I still haven't locked the keys in the car). I'd have to say that the Galleria parking lot must be a very safe place, because the keys, the car and all its contents were still there an hour later when I got back. And finally, back to the Word Game, which I forgot last week: Rules are here. I expect EDW, Patrick and previous winner PW to humor me this time, please? This week's word: abstruse /āb-strōōs'/ 1.hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories. Obsolete. secret; hidden. 2. Concerned with obscure subject matter. Have a great Thursday. Hope I haven't been too abstruse.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was at choir practice when I was talking with Madlyn again.
    Me:Hi Madlyn
    Madlyn:Hi Lori good to see you
    Me:Thank you
    Madlyn:Are you clearer with"Dona Nobis Pacem" Now?
    Me:Yes It was a little abstruse at first I'm getting better though
    Madlyn:Yes you all are let's get started
    Me alright
    Lori

     

Post a Comment

<< Home