The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Jami Needs Jami Time

What do you do when you have one of those days that starts off with you dropping something that isn't sharp or heavy but somehow lands on your toe and slices it open to the point that you think you might die of blood loss and ends with you feeding your two-year-old bite-sized pieces of his dinner while he takes his bath because there's not enough time to get him bathed and fed separately and still get him to bed at a reasonable hour? You start with blogging an unreasonably long sentence. Then you answer a few emails, pop in disc 3 of season 1 of Ugly Betty and have a few "malt-ternatives" and a hot pretzel. And you know that tomorrow will almost certainly be better.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Jami - spelled the same- and I am constantly talking about needing my "Jami time". I came across your blog while completing a facebook note by googling the words "Jami needs". Seeing Jami needs Jami time...made me almost certain I found my twin! ha ha

    God Bless,
    Jami
    WA

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's always nice to see someone else who has had to put up with people adding an "e" to his/her name for their entire life.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    another Jami here...got to love the look you get when spelling your name for someone I just think everytime HERE WE GO AGAIN... damn my mother!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is spelled Jami too, I work for the newspaper here, and I don't think they have ever spelled my name right. I have been here for two years!

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello to my fellow no-e-at-the-end-Jami-girls out there. I love that my name is different. The "no E?" question from anyone taking my name down always makes me thank my mother for helping to give me individuality. She started it off, and I have run with it! Jami... don't hate your mother! Thank her.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger j.mangekyou said…

    Hey, I'm a Jami, too! And my best friend is named Jaime. We love our unconventionally spelled versions of the name. =]

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Jami said…

    I am a "Jami" too. My mom named me after the bionic woman, and I had an "e" to begin with. We decided to change it in preschool when there was a boy with the same spelling. I thought I had a boy's name, so we thought dropping the "e" made it more feminine. I cannot blame my mom, nor do I want to. "Jami" rocks.

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a Jami too and married a man named Jamie. Talk about confusion. When someone calls I have to ask "Do you want the male or female Jami(e)?" I've given up explaining that our names are spelled differently.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home