The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jami's iPod Ups and Downs

I spent the day bopping around to the iPod. Not to steal a quote from McDonald's, but I'm lovin' it. The burning question I know you're all dying to ask - what was the first song on the new iPod? Well, those who know me have probably already guessed . . .. Dancing Queen - of course! I AM the Dancing Queen, young and sweet only seventeeeeeeeennn! It's going to take longer than I'd hoped to get all the music onto Poddy (iPod's current and possibly temporary name). I don't know what I expected - of course, I have to put each CD in separately, I guess I'd kinda hoped Poddy would sneak into the CD collection and gobble all the music up, but somehow that didn't happen. I hate earbuds, but I already have headphones I like so we're cool. Does anyone love earbuds? Maybe my ears are misshapen, but I can't get them to stay in unless I keep my head perfectly still and that's just not something that happens all that much. I have a friend, and if you're reading this, you know who you are, who has the tiniest ears in relation to her head. I wonder if she can even put earbuds in. Maybe I'm dense, that's always possible, but my iPod has the 30GB, which means I can put that much on it, right? Okay, but do I have to put the stuff on my computer on the iTunes thing, first and if so - how is that going to work? I don't have 3O gig on it, so that won't work? I have to say, the "instruction booklet" that came with it wasn't as helpful as I might hope (it basically said, "Download iTunes. Plug in your iPod" and that's about it. Apple's basic online guide didn't answer that question. And lastly, I may be click-wheel impaired. I run my thumb over it, nothing. I run my thumb over it again in exactly the same way, it jumps down 6 places. I'm assuming this is just a lack of experience thing, right? RIGHT?? Lest you think I am not happy with it, let me say I love it. I love having the mix of music I want and I love having it follow me around the house. I look at all the many accessories for Poddy and I daydream of buying them all so Poddy can have all he ever desired. I love that I am going to be able to (as I save up to afford it) subscribe to and download the radio shows that I want to listen to and never get to. I can't wait to get some good video on Poddy and maybe a game or two. So here I am, finally joining the 21st century with my iPod. It's nice to be here.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    Yes, it takes time to get used to the click wheel. I have all my cd's in and all my pictures too. So, it's not strictly a music playing iPod. I even have some podcasts and one tv episode.

    But music is Wayne's main function.

    I got used to the earbuds, but I also have headphones. I bought these new earbud thingys but they gave me zits.

    Yeah, you wanted to know that. ;)

    I think you should have a contest to name your new iPod.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Probably answered already, but yes, you have to have a copy of the song in the iTunes on your PC to sync to the iPod. And remember, if you delete a song from iTunes, on the next sync, it will be deleted from the iPod.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home