The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Jami Gets a Woobie

I never had a blankey, or a teddy I couldn't sleep with out. Never sucked my thumb or had a binky. However, several nights ago Eddie started hollering in the middle of the night. Now, he's been warned against this, as Mommy is not really pleasant when she first wakes up, and unless there are dingos or a fire, he should just go back to sleep quietly, but he hasn't mastered that concept yet. So, around 3 am, I was stumbling blindly into his room. It was chilly (by my standards) so I grabbed one of his baby blankets and threw it around my shoulders while I rocked my little screamer back to sleep. I crawled back into my bed and drifted off, too. In the morning, when I woke up, my head was on the softest, fuzziest pillow I could imagine. I'd inadvertently worn the blanket to bed, and it had pooled around my head. It's some sort of ultra-soft fleece and boy-oh-boy was it great! I got up and went about my day, forgetting about the blanket. That night when I dragged my weary self back to bed, the blanket still covered by pillow. I wondered - could it be as nice as my half-awake self recalled? I snuggled into bed and lo and behold - it was! Fuzzy and warm and perfect for covering my head (yes, I sleep with my head under the blankets, so what?) and when I use it as my "head blanket" I don't have to worry about been strangled when the Husband steals my covers. It blocks the light. It smells like baby. So now, here we are, three or four nights into me sleeping with a baby blanket. Actively looking for it before I get into bed. The Husband noticed; he's the one who started calling it my Woobie (the blanket in Mr. Mom). Soon, though, I'll have a dilemma. It'll be time to wash the bedding and I'll have a couple choices. I can wash it with the bedding and put it back on the bed, making me the oldest person in history to START having a blanket. I can wash it and put it back in the baby's room like any normal person would do. Or, I can "accidentally" leave it on the bed, and put the decision off until NEXT laundry day. Of course, there's really nothing wrong with me having a special blanket that I just happen to like to have in the bed, right? RIGHT?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Well clearly, put it off until next laundry day! Nick and I like Emily's fuzzy Dora blanket so much, we keep it on the couch to use when we watch TV!

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We are who we are. If you like the Woobie, keep it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home