The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's My Quirks That Make You Love Me

My father says we all judge normal by ourselves, meaning that deep down - we all think that we're normal and sane. We judge the sanity of others by that criteria. I agree with him for the most part, although I do frequently think that I am not as normal as I try to pretend to be. We all have our quirks, right? Of course. I thought I was the only one who narrated my own life until I saw Scrubs (yes,I know it's fictional, but the fact that someone wrote it means they thought of it, so it's not just me). I thought I was the only one who talked to figments of my imagination until Scott Adams blogged about it here. So maybe there are a limited number of quirks and we are all just a different collection of quirks. Like, in the grand scheme of things, I'm a 23, 107, 195, 205-217, 998, 1059 and 4144, you know? So here are a few of my little "things" - let me know if you (or someone you love) has any of these or if I really am slightly insane:
  • There is a "right" and "wrong" side to enter the shower. The right side to enter is the side of the curtain furthest from the showerhead. If you get into the shower on the showerhead side, you're basically going in the back and you're doing it wrong.
  • Cheese and egg are both great and taste great together, but look horrible when they touch. I can't eat it if I see the cheese touching the egg.
  • My feet, and Eddie's (for now), are adorable. Everyone else's feet are disgusting and should remain hidden at all times.
  • String or cotton should never come into contact with teeth in anyway.
  • This is the basis for the beginning of my story, but once it's dark out, I can't look into the mirror if I'm in the bathroom alone, and I avoid most of the other mirrors, too. One thing horror movies/TV shows have taught us is that when you look in the mirror - that's when the bad thing shows up.
  • If someone lets you into traffic, you better give "the wave" - you what I mean - one hand, raised up, either in the middle of the car, so it can be seen from behind, or out the window if the weather's warm. When someone goes ahead and doesn't give the Wave, that just rustles my cattle.

Okay, so that's a (brief) look at my crazy. What's your nutty little secret?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger s said…

    I HATE it when my food touches. If it wouldn't look so goofy I'd be happy using my son's divided plates. I think my feet are very cute and everyone else's are ugly, too. Their toes are too scrawny. In the shower, I always--always--start with my left arm.

    There. Now you know more than you wanted to aboout me, but you also know we're all a little crazy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home