The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

It Means More Than You Know

I had a semi-clever, semi-funny idea for today's post rattling around in the old noggin when something else happened. It's kind of too long and too personal for me to go into, but I got a little note from someone. Just a few lines, and one of them was "I wish you could be here." And it made my day. Brought me to happy tears - not just because someone wishes I could be with her, but because the note meant, to me, that I'd had an impact on her life, for the better. We all want to know that our lives have some meaning. That we have reached beyond ourselves to make the world a little better, touched someone's life, reached one person's heart. If I do nothing else in this life, if I never manage to do anything else worthwhile, even if I breathe my last tonight, I know that it was not in vain. That's what that little note meant.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    This was a nice post! That person who sent you the note should have tons of good karma sent their way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home