The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Can't Be Just Me

So, one of the bulletin boards I visit has a thread each week where one posts photos of the "theme". This week the theme is the interior of our homes. Everyone has lovely, neat homes. I have a house that is decorated with geek delights and randomly placed toys - mostly Eddie's. Am I the only one who looks at her house and thinks it looks like it was decorated by a frat? I have the Madagascar penguins on the curio cabinet and cartoon character glasses inside of it. I have a chia pet and a lava lamp. Our "art" is frequently related to movies. I have more movies and books than small town libraries.
Yes, that's me and the Husband super-imposed in the cast of TNG, so what's your point?




Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Whenever I see pictures of famous people's houses, I feel sorry for them because despite all the bathrooms and pools, there's nothing of them in their home. Overly decorated houses kind of freak me out, to be honest. I just have a house and stuff I like in it. That's way more normal than a super=perfect coordinated space.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    I was looking for you guys on the Wheaties box, too!

    Really, though, too bad you didn't have a real hockey team on the box.

    *koff*redwings*koff*

    ;-]

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    I don't know. I like your home!

    And Loki has the same Star Trek picture when he was in Vegas for his bachelor party!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that one of your instruments on the bookcase?

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    EDW: That's kind of our philosphy, too - we're not out to impress anyone.

    Jim: At this point, we're just hoping to KEEP a hockey team, and the Red Wings are evil. What IS a "red wing" anyway? A reference to... oh, I don't know .. . SATAN?

    PW: We'll have to check out Loki's picture. It really is an awesome ride.

    Anon: Yup, that's my rarely-used-since-high-school flute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home