The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Farewell to 2006

Ah, New Year's Eve, when we all take stock of the year behind us, make resolutions we rarely keep and revel in the moment. For me, an exciting year is drawing to a close. Better than the last few, even with its roller coaster action. The big news, of course, we became parents. The husband was promoted, and promoted again. My company went belly-up. My family suffered some hard moments, some still in progress. The Steelers won the Super Bowl in February and then somehow turned into the team that couldn't make the playoffs. Eddie grew from a charming blob who could just barely roll himself over, into the running, climbing scream-machine who can clearly and passionately demand fruit snacks. Last year on New Year's Eve, the Husband and I imagined this year's Dec. 31st. We'd have the baby home! I set aside my disappointment for him not being home by picturing the wonderful time we'd have this year. Ironically, while last year I couldn't wait to get him home, this year I am eagerly anticipating dropping him off at my parents' house. Don't get me wrong, I adore him and have a great time with him, but somehow the idea of an adults-only dinner, followed by a stroll to the pub and watching the ball drop without worrying about waking the whirling dervish, well, that has its charms, too. No resolutions for me, not my style. My hopes for the New Year? I hope to become an aunt, again, but on the other side of the family. I hope that the two highly anticipated weddings this year (Craig and Cheryl, Rachel and John) will be as wonderful and festive as anyone could hope and kick off wonderful, lifelong marriages. I hope I find the perfect not-full-time job. I hope we all grow closer, smarter and happier. I hope to make a new friend and keep the old ones close. I hope this year contains great surprises, many belly laughs and a million memories to add to may growing collection. God bless you all in this New Year, have a happy, healthy prosperous 2007!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    I do not really care about football. We have the pro team, "Them That Suck" (Detroit Lions), and the college team, "Them That Choke" (Michigan Wolverines). Ugh.

    On the bright side... baseball's spring training starts next month. Go Tigers!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home