The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Murderous Me

Last night I dreamt I killed a man. It was for a good reason - he was abusing his 6-year-old, but the police couldn't prove it. Oh, sure, eventually he probably would have been caught, but I couldn't bear to let the little girl suffer until he did, and the mother was in total denial. I whacked him in the head with a shovel. I had a really good plan for hiding/destroying evidence, which I won't tell here, in case I need to use it some day. And I wasn't even sorry I did it, the guy needed to die. The reason this is interesting to me is that I am never the aggressor in my dreams, I'm always the one being chased or stalked or attacked. There is often a nefarious plan (that I am somehow aware of) to kill or torment me in some way, and I usually come up with my "out". I'm not a big believer in what our dreams mean (by the old wives' tale someone told me - if you dream about a dead loved one, you're pregnant - I should at least 10 kids by now), but I do wonder if some part of me feels like I am coming into my own, or taking power over something. Just a thought.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    No, I think that's perfectly plausible, that you're coming into a new chapter of your life.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jim McKee said…

    You're lucky... I rarely remember my dreams. I have 2 or 3 that have stuck with me over the years.

    One of these days I will post about them. Thanks for the idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home