The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Bad Bleeping Habit

I need to learn to rein in the tongue. Probably most of you have heard me cuss, especially if you've heard me when I'm really mad. I have to admit, yelling out a good dirty word does make me feel better, which is probably why it's such a hard habit to break. I've been pretty good about curbing it now that I'm a mommy, though when I'm driving, all bets are off. I don't know what it is about driving that makes us all a little less patient and a little less forgiving to our fellow man. You might be shaking your head and declaring that you are as nice behind the wheel as you are in church, but I'd bet you'd be lying, at least a little. Of course, having my only child in the car while the idiots on the road threaten our lives daily does very little to help me calm my raging vocabulary. This leads to a concern. I don't want Eddie's first full sentence to be something like "AND what the &@%% is THIS moron doing??" I have horrible visions in my head of my grandmother saying "Hi, Eddie, how are you, sweetie?" and Eddie replying "Put down the (bleeping) phone and drive, jerk!" I don't think anyone will believe he learned that on Sesame Street.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    I'm trying to curb my bad language in front of the little girl. Sometimes, it works and sometimes it doesn't...:) Most of the time it doesn't.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    It's tough, isn't it?

    Emily's first sentence was "Mom-Mom, the choo-choo train goes to New York City" which I sure didn't teach her, so hopefully Eddie will pop out something like that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home