The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where No One Knows Your Name

Remember the theme song to Cheers? "You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same, you wanna go where everybody knows your name." Sure, that's great, you definitely need that sometimes. We have a pub near our house we used to frequent in our BE (before Eddie) days. We knew the bartenders and the cooks and a few of the other regulars. Like Cheers, but with less snappy comebacks. However, I often wish for the opposite. I get the urge to flee to the airport, get on the first plane going somewhere interesting and/or warm and go where no one knows me or my troubles. I'll be someone else for awhile. Someone without a house, dog, baby and husband. Maybe I'll tell people I'm a performance artist looking for inspiration and see what I can get them to do for my amusement. I'll set up an easel and paints and stare out at the scenery, and maybe splash some paint around (don't worry, even if I tried it wouldn't look like the landscape). I could wear a bad wig and large sunglasses, look around furtively and see if people take my picture. Vacations are great, but in general,you take them with at least one other person who does know you. That person may or may not be game for being someone else for awhile, but even if they play along, they still know. I think I need a vacation from me for awhile.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    No, I completely understand where you're coming from. I would love to take a solo vacation...even for just a weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home