The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Jami Thinks 10 is Too Many

I spent several hours this morning alone with 10 kids under 6. Yup, 10 kids. Between the ages of 18 months and "almost 6". And I've decided, I don't want 10 kids. It's very loud. On the other hand, I did treat myself to a Snickers Charged. It's a Snickers bar, but with caffeine, B vitamins and something called taurine. According to Wikipedia, Taurine is:
Taurine is conjugated via its amino terminal group
with chenodeoxycholic acid and cholic acid to form the
bile salts sodium taurochenodeoxycholate and sodium
taurocholate. The low pKa (1.5) of taurine's sulfonic
acid group ensures that this moiety is negatively charged
in the pH ranges normally found in the intestinal tract and
thus improves the surfactant properties of the cholic acid conjugate.
I have no idea what that means. I am assuming there is some sort of theoretical health benefits. But whatever. The bar was yummy. I'm not the one to comment on how much of a caffeine kick it provided because I'm so addicted to it that it takes a metric ton before I start to notice the jitters. But I like B vitamins and I called it a great lunch.
So, my point is, don't have 10 children in 6 years. But if you do, at least get some Snickers.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    I think that deserved a King size Snickers! Did you lose a bet or something?

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Sounds like it, doesn't it? It was my turn to do childcare for our MOPS group's steering committee, and the other girls who'd signed up didn't show.

    My most proud moment was when I got them all sitting at the tables qiuetly eating just as one of the moms came on to check on me. It looked like I really had it together.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    Ten!?!?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home