The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Jami Stands

Nine years ago we went to bed in one world and many of us woke up to a completely new one. A whole life my children will never know. A world in which terrorism was halfway around the world, planes were very occasionally hijacked, but never used as weapons and where we couldn't even remember the last attack on the American mainland. Tomorrow is the ninth anniversary of a world-changing event. One of the saddest things to me is that there is still nothing on the site now called "Ground Zero". To leave that land bare is an insult. Memorial, buildings - something should stand there and say "We have struck, but not destroyed!" I personally think the towers should have been rebuilt similar, but even higher. But nothing? That's reprehensible. We will never forget the events of September 11, 2001 or the lives forever changed, nor should we. I am having my birthday party tomorrow, not to try and act as though the events never happened, but to build new, good memories on that day. Our lives go on and while we pause to remember, we best honor those lost by celebrating what they lost - life. Living joyous lives is our victory over the attackers. We triumph by going on, and after that day of evil, to stand our ground, and after we have done everything, to stand. "And stand with my face to the wind With the storm beating down on this sacred ground If I stand for the grace that I've known For what I believe Then I won't stand alone No I won't stand alone" -Susan Ashton Lyrics Susan Ashton - Stand lyrics

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home