The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Jami Riding in Cars with Boys

So I have been participating in an exciting new game show. It's called being in the car with my kids. Here's how it works. I drive the car, trying to pay attention to directions or making a left hand turn at a busy intersection or traffic signs and such and Eddie peppers me with questions that aren't necessarily difficult, but definitely distract when you are focused elsewhere. Here is an actual excerpt from the other day: "What is 19 plus 19? How do the wires from one telephone pole connect to the ones at the next pole? Where do lime trees grow? What rhymes with "giraffe"? What plants grow in the tundra, because it doesn't rain there and it's cold but there are animals so they must eat something." At that last one I gave up. "I don't know. Here's mommy's phone; call your grandfather. He'll know." (He did, it's lichen). Then, for the bonus lightning round, Finn will wake up and start screaming because he's done being in the car seat. This causes Eddie to shout his questions and then when I answer yell "HUNH??" after each sentence. I figure if we actually make it home without getting in a wreck or me stopping and letting the boys out on the side of the road, I win. Cone of silence, where are you???

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home