The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Friday, September 15, 2006

What a Wonderful Walk

So, I just walked out to get some lunch. I love the neighborhood my office is in, lots of little shops with fun stuff and international foods. It was a great walk - the following things occurred: 1. I got a fantastic loaf of bread with yummy dipping sauce for lunch (sure, not the most nutritious of lunches, but in my defense, the bread has sun-dried tomatoes in it, so it's practically a salad.) 2. The nice man at Labad's (Middle Eastern Grocery) with the handle bar moustache told me a I had a beautiful smile and wished me a wonderful day. 3. A nice man saved my life and complimented me at the same time "Watch out, pretty lady" (I did see the bus coming, but I appreciate the warning). 4. I got to sample various cheeses, including Australian Kangaroo Cheddar, which must be an acquired taste. 5. The nice woman ringing me up at once place said she loved my shirt, it was perfect for today - looks warm against the chill, but not at all bulky. Then we chatted about the Steelers, the universal language of Pittsburghers. so now I am happily dipping and eating. A perfect Friday adventure.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    *sigh*

    I wish my office was closer to your's! I'm so bored walking around in Oakland!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Me too - we'd have a blast.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Jami said…

    Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to stop by again and talk to them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home