The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jami Recommends Melty Cheese

Thought I'd change gears here from birthin' babies of the last few posts to something truly important: grilled cheese sandwiches. I love grilled cheeses. They may be one of nature's most perfect food. They are fairly hard to mess up, too. Even though there is nothing wrong with the basic, buttered white bread with American cheese in the middle, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite recipes, and so improve your world. And I made up names for them. Unless otherwise mentioned I use generic wheat bread, and I butter the bread, no sprays here. Columbus Day Special (Italy meets America) This one is great with Italian bread, too. After you butter the bread, sprinkle it with garlic salt. Inside: several slices of sandwich pepperoni with American cheese on both sides. Gooey with a Kick 1 slice pepperjack cheese, 1 slice Velveeta. I like to put a pot lid over this to ensure it gets very melty. God bless the inventor of Velveeta. Fancy Schmancy Do this one when you have impressively healthy bread and call it a health food - instead of butter, use olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Inside, use provolone and an additional dash of oregano. Sunrise in My Hammy (a breakfast grilled cheese) Standard outside; layer the inside like this: American cheese, chipped ham, fried egg, bacon, American cheese. This is a challenge to flip, since the layers aren't all held together with cheese. If you don't know what chipped ham is, come visit Pittsburgh. Feel free to share your favorites! Bon Appetit

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Dane said…

    It takes some structural engineering, but put a few breaded mozzarella sticks in with the melty yellow cheese.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We all love grilled cheese here too. I especially love that, thanks to dairy-free cheeses, my food-allergic child can enjoy them too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home