The Very Important Thoughts Of Jami

The incredible wisdom, wit and observations of Jami.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

On June 24th - Strawberries Mean "I Love You"

In my last post I mentioned that my mother and I were strawberry picking in an tradition started by my grandfather, whose knees and health precluded him from joining us the last several years. Afterward, we stopped by his and my grandmother's home to drop off some berries for them. This evening, my grandfather called me to thank me for them. He was trying to remember how it had started, which I don't remember, just that we went. Then he said "Well, I really appreciate them and I just wanted to say that whenever you have strawberries on, what is today? Nothing special? Well, when you have strawberries around this time of year, just remember that they mean I love you." I love you, too, Pop-Pop.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE the special traditions like that with my grandparents too!!!!! Lori

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said…

    That's very sweet.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Osquer said…

    Blueberries mean I love you, too. That's what I picked with my Pop-Pop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home